Upstate New York Wrongful Termination Lawyers
If you have been wrongfully terminated or otherwise mistreated by your employer, you have rights. With the help of an experienced attorney, you may be entitled to compensation for any wages you have lost and for other damages associated with your employer's wrongdoing.
At the law firm of Donohue, Sabo, Varley & Huttner, our Albany employment lawyers are dedicated to getting justice for Upstate New York employees whose rights have been violated. Our attorneys help clients resolve all types of employment law claims, including the following:
- Employment discrimination: If you have been discriminated against on the basis of your race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation, we can help.
- Sexual harassment: If you have been subjected to unwanted sexual advances or a hostile environment at work, we may be able to help you pursue a sex harassment claim.
- Workplace retaliation: Our attorneys represent clients who have been fired or otherwise retaliated against for reporting suspected illegal conduct in their workplaces.
- Wage and hour claims: If you have been denied overtime or other pay that you are entitled to under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), we can help you bring a claim.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims: Our firm represents clients who have been illegally denied medical leave, maternity leave, paternity leave and family leave.
- Unemployment compensation claims: If you have been denied unemployment benefits, you have a right to a hearing, and we can protect your rights at that hearing.
- Employee benefits claims: Our attorneys help clients pursue pension claims and other retirement benefits claims under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
In addition to representing employees, we also represent employers in employment disputes. Our experience representing both sides in these matters is a benefit to everyone who chooses to retain us, giving us a unique perspective on each side's strengths and weaknesses.
Call Us Toll Free at 888-698-7967 to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
If you have been mistreated in the workplace, don't hesitate to contact us at 888-698-7967 or by e-mail to set up a free consultation to discuss your options. We represent employees on a contingency basis, so you will not pay us anything unless we help you recover compensation.